Unfortunately, some real estate agents are known for using catchy phrases and buzzwords to attract unsuspecting homeowners. Lake Homes Realty’s CEO, Glenn Phillips, gives five tactics to ignore when choosing a lake real estate agent.
- “No Cost to the Buyer”: There is always a cost because agents are getting compensated for representing you. You want to get the most value because you are paying them indirectly.
- “Million Dollar Producer”: A million dollars sound like a lot, but can be misleading. Selling one million dollars of property can be done in four transactions, which isn’t very much.
- “The Most Listings”: Having properties available isn’t a bad thing, but the problem arises when those properties have been on the market for long periods of time.
- “Largest Local Office”: The size of the office doesn’t determine how motivated a brokerage is to sell your home. Depending on their processes, they can even limit your pull of buyers.
- “Marketed on Thousands of Websites”: Being marketed on thousands of websites means nothing if no one is visiting those websites. You want your properties to be seen on high traffic, real estate-focused sites.
If something sounds too good to be true, that’s because it usually is. Be ahead of the game, and know what you should and shouldn’t take into consideration when choosing your lake home real estate agent!