Lost Island Lake

Iowa

Lost Island Lake, Iowa

Lost Island Lake real estate is a limited supply of lake homes and land lots.

Typically there are less than 10 land lots and homes for sale on Lost Island Lake.

Lost Island Lake homes for sale can range anywhere from $150,000 to $300,000, creating a total marker value of more than $1 million.

No listings found
  • 15Deepest Depth
  • Ownership
    Public
  • Acreage
    1,162
Golf Courses
(712) 859-3766
701 S cedar Ave
Graettinger, IA 51342
Campgrounds
(712) 837-4866
Ruthven, IA 51358
  • Counties: Palo Alto County
  • Fish: Black Crappie, Northern Pike
Hospitals
(712) 264-6198
1200 1st Ave E
Spencer, IA 51301
Airports
Sioux Gateway Airport
2403 Aviation Blvd, Sioux City, IA 51111
119 miles away
Spencer Municipal airport
1957 330th St, Spencer, IA 51301
20 miles away
About Lost Island Lake
On the Iowa-Minnesota State Border

Little Spirit Lake rests on the state border of Iowa and Minnesota. About 60 percent of the lake sits in Minnesota, and the remaining 40 percent is in Iowa.

Little Spirit Lake covers 604 acres and only reaches depths up to eight feet. The lake is right across 240th Avenue from the much larger Big Spirit Lake.

Enjoy the Lake

Residents can have fun boating, fishing, swimming, kayaking, and canoeing on Little Spirit Lake.

The lake is especially great for kayaking and canoeing due to its smaller size and shallow waters; it lets you enjoy nature along the shoreline compared to a motorized boat.

Whether you're on the shoreline, in a boat, kayak, or canoe fishers will have a lovely time enjoying the calm atmosphere of Little Spirit Lake. You can expect to find black bullhead, black crappie, channel catfish, largemouth bass, muskellunge, northern pike, walleye, white bass, white crappie, and yellow perch.

The Little Spirit Wildlife Management Area is a small portion of undeveloped land on the lake's southern shore. This area not only provides residents with incredible wildlife and views, but it can be a great place to enjoy outdoor recreation.

Of course, you can always make a short drive to one of the other four lakes right nearby. There are still new places to boat, fish, and explore if you wish to travel from Little Spirit Lake.

Being such a small lake, there is plenty of privacy so you can have your dream lake home without the crowd.

A Quiet Atmosphere with All the Amenities

Whether you are looking to buy a family home, a full-time retirement residence, or a vacation rental, Little Spirit Lake is an excellent choice.