Increasing mortgage rates are unpreventable, and have an impact on how you, as a buyer, will purchase your dream lake home. Lake Homes Realty’s CEO, Glenn Phillips, shares five need-to-know factors involved with the rise in rates.
- Less DIRECTLY Important: Depending on the size of the mortgage, it can affect the amount of home you can get for the same monthly cost.
- Investment Sense?: Buyers are more likely to take out a mortgage for a lake home now when interest rates are still low, and pay it off with ‘cheaper dollars’ in the future as rates increase.
- Slow Price Appreciation: No matter the market, lake homes need to be priced appropriately, especially as rates rise. Not many buyers will continue to be enthusiastic to pay such high prices.
- Do Not Solve Inventory Shortage: Rising interest rates will not be enough to stop the lake home shortage. This means that although buyer competition has slowed, it hasn’t stopped completely.
- Expertise Still Matters: Ensure you are still making a smart investment in this shifting market with the help of a lake real estate expert.
The market is ever changing, and knowing what to expect can help you make smart investment decisions. Having a lake real estate expert who knows how to guide you through these rising rates will ensure a smooth buyer experience!